July 4, 2011

It's not easy to set up a website!

I have been working on the renovation works with my web designer for our website design. At first I thought it was just going to be a change in design, navigation and the buying process. Most of all, I thought it's just design. Little did I know that the main part is the technical part!

Every single detail in the website has to be checked, every single link has to be tested to make sure it's working. Picture sizing and alignment, text alignment, cart options, etc etc., and not to mention the uploading of all the products! Even with a batch editor, I still have to check it one by one.

I didn't feel this way when I was doing it 2 years ago because the current design is suported by wordpress which is so so so simple to use. But now, it's a whole lot more complicated.

Now I know it's not easy to put a website together. What we see visually is just the beauty aspect but what lies behind that beauty is the main job.

I can't wait for it to be ready but seems like I may need a bit more time. :)

Last but not least, let me give some credit to my designer Yonici at ByNodesigns. Thank you so much for your patience. :)))

No comments: